Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why America?

I heard that the premiere of Two and a half Men had 28 millions viewers! Which I find is ridiculous...out of those 28 millions I would assume I knew at least one, but no one I know watches that show. How are there so many people out there watching this trash? (It may be due to my new arch nemesis Ashton Kutcher joining the show....well played Ashton, you win this round.) But in reality I find it sad that the show gets 28 millions viewers with how terrible it is. My favorite show Parks and Recreation apparently only gets 6 millions viewers (source Wikipedia, the only place with real facts!).

Knowing these statistics I have just one question.

WHY AMERICA!!!???!

Why does such a terrible show get those kinds of ratings. I heard it is up there with an American Idol premiere in terms on ratings.....HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!?!? (Lots of yelling today, or maybe my music is too loud, so I feel I have to shout.)

I saw that lots of CBS shows get high ratings....to which I wonder again, how come I do not know a single one their viewers?

Anyway, let's change the course here and talk about how excited I am for the season premiere of Parks and Rec tomorrow night.

What a great cast.

I am excited to see where the show goes this season. If you do not watch the show, you should. It is hilariously funny, each character brings their own uniqueness to the show and they mesh very well together. Every show usually has a character or a few that brings it down....not Parks and Rec, even their seldom used characters add to the show.

The only negative might be with so many characters they, the less Andy Dwyer fun there is. Andy started the show with two broken legs falling into "the pit" which Leslie (Amy Poehler) made her goal to fill in in season one of the show.

We are about to start season four of Parks and Rec, and I hope it continues for many seasons hereafter as long as they keep up with their comedic gold they have been handing out.

I would hope you might check out Parks and Rec tomorrow night and every week from until it is over.

I leave you with Ron Swanson's Pyramid of Greatness he shared with us when he was coaching a children's basketball team, which I will use in my coaching opportunities from here on out.

No comments: